ORGANIC FARMING IN TRIBAL INDIA
Agragamee is participating in a 3-year Odisha state government (‘Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana - PKVY) program to promote organic farming in 2000 acres of land affecting 1200 farmers in tribal areas of Odisha. Their goal is to improve crop production in a sustainable manner by following good agricultural practices through integrated approach thereby increasing their social and economic conditions. Caring Hands is partnering with Agragamee to successfully implement this program.
- : Grant: $16,000/year for 3 years
- : Helps 1200 tribal families
- : Promotes organic farming in 2000 acres
- : Project timeline: 2017-2019
- Category : Global Projects,
- Caring Hands is partnering with Agragamee with a grant of $16,000 per year for the next 3 years to allay some of the costs to educate the farmers and monitor implementation of the above initiative.
Agragamee program envisages:
- Promotion of commercial organic production through certified organic farming.
- Pesticide residue free produce that will improve the health of consumers.
- Increase in farmer’s income and creation of potential market for traders.
This project is a green initiative that will help 1200 tribal families in very underdeveloped parts of India.
Please consider making your tax deductible donation. Your entire contribution will be remitted towards this project.